Help us make the app better and get access to new features
7/21/2010 2:13:54 PM
If you would like to participate in our beta program, post here and let us know we will get you added, it will provide you access to early release features and help us make the app better.
***Please make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes***
Unfortunately there is no easy way for us to deploy test version, it must be tied to specific phones. In order for it to work on your phone, we will need to get your phone’s unique identifier – called a “UDID”. There’s two ways you can get it:
1. Connect your iPhone to iTunes. Click your phone under “Devices” on the left sidebar. Then click on the “Serial Number” text near the top. This changes the serial number to the phone’s unique identifier. Now choose Edit->Copy, then paste the ID into an email and sent it to email@example.com
2. Download this “Adhoc Helper” app: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285691333&mt=8. Use the app to send me the ID via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we notify you that you are in the program we will start to send you updated beta files, here are the instructions for installing the app:
1. We will provide you a link to to download the app.
2. Save the file.
3. Open iTunes.
4. Select “Applications” from the “Library” section in the upper left of the window.
5. Drag the .mobileprovision file onto your iTunes window. If you are prompted to replace an existing file, answer Yes to overwrite it.
6. If you’ve installed the app before, delete the Mountain Bike Trials icon in the Applications window. Select the icon and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion.
7. Quit iTunes (Yeah, it’s a pain)
8. Start iTunes again
9. Now drag the MountanBike file into iTunes.
10. Select your device from the left of the window (something like “Chris’s iPhone”). Then select the “Applications” tab on the main part of the window, at the top. Make sure that both “Sync Applications” and either “MountainBike” or “All Applications” are checked.
11. Connect your iPhone to your computer and sync with iTunes. This copies the app to your iPhone.
12. Welcome to Team TrailFu! you are now officially getting access to early release/test features and helping us make the App better!
edited by singletrack on 9/1/2010